Friday, July 31, 2009

At what age should my puppy have lost all it's baby teeth and have it's adult teeth?

I have a 9-10 month old Bichon and I thought he had lots all his baby teeth. He was just playing with his toy and I noticed blood. He had a tooth hanging out and quite a bit of blood. Doesn't seem to be in pain, but I'm concerend becasue Ithought his baby teeth would be out by now? Any suggestions?

At what age should my puppy have lost all it's baby teeth and have it's adult teeth?
Usually by four weeks of age puppies get their deciduous teeth, commonly known as baby teeth. Beginning around three months of age, the deciduous teeth are replaced by the bigger and stronger permanent teeth. It takes an additional three to five months for the permanent teeth to replace all of the baby teeth. Occasionally, the permanent teeth do not erupt immediately under the deciduous teeth, and therefore, do not force the baby teeth out. When a dog has both an adult and baby tooth at the same site, it is referred to as a retained deciduous tooth. In the dog, this usually occurs with the incisors or upper canine baby teeth. If you have any more questions you can check out the sit this came from it is www.peteducation.com.I hope this can help
Reply:they'll come out



C#

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net